Great smiles are often the result of oral health care hygiene and cosmetic dentistry. If you are looking to enhance your smile, a visit to Orthodontics, Inc. is a great start.
One of the most common ailments with a patient’s smile typically comes from genetic and environmental disorders such as bad bites and misalignments. As we grow, our teeth can develop misalignments or curves. Here are some common misalignments to look for:
– Bad bites occur from misaligned teeth, missing teeth, extra teeth, and various tooth irregularities.
– Over-bites occur when the upper incisors stick out further than the lower front teeth.
– Under-bites occur when the lower incisors stick out further than the upper front teeth.
– Open-bites occur when the top and bottom incisors fail to line up when biting.
– Cross-bites occur when your lower jaw protrudes past your upper jaw.
– Overcrowded teeth occur when the space between each tooth is absent, or there is overlap.
– Closed-bites occur when the lower incisors bite into your upper front teeth. Closed bites are an extreme form of overbites.
– Dental spacing issues occur when there is too much space between teeth.
– Misplaced midlines occur when the center of your upper incisors fail to line up with the center of your lower front teeth.
If you suffer from any of the above conditions, please contact our orthodontists at Orthodontics, Inc.. If you are interested in a professional exam for your various orthodontics treatment options with Dr. Joseph A. Wilson, please visit our office located in Farmington, New Mexico or call us at (505) 325-8858 to set up a meeting. We look forward to fixing your smile!